115g/4oz demerara sugar
55g/2oz golden syrup
225g/8oz porridge oats.
1. Heat oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F gas mark 5.
2. Grease a shallow 22x30cm/9×12 in tin or alternately line with baking parchment (not greaseproof paper).
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the sugar and syrup and heat through, stirring gently.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats.
5. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared tin.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for approx 30 minutes or until golden-brown.
7. Remove from oven, leave for 5 minutes before cutting into bars or squares.
8. Leave to cool completely in the tin.